The Senior SEO Strategist is the subject matter expert. They are expected to produce measurable results and increase client revenue by strategizing and executing organic-search-focused optimization.
Duties & Responsibilities
Salary: $55k - $85k
As the Senior SEO Strategist, you will manage your own book of business while sustaining outlined profitability goals. You will be a resource to enhance team knowledge, performance, and client results. As the Senior SEO Strategist, you will:
- Audit and assess all active SEO clients every 90 days. Providing insights to impact and recommendations for the upcoming content plan and strategy.
- Have ownership of all SEO client Foundations & ongoing Content Plans.
- Provide reporting and analysis for supporting SEO service clients (ie: ClusterMagic).
- Oversee and provide clear direction to SEO contractor support.
- Regularly audit and provide oversight on SEO reporting and internal documentation of accounts for standards compliance.
- Regularly sync with Digital Strategist on corresponding accounts to review organic and paid learnings to share opportunities to strengthen both strategies.
- Proactively identify process improvements and create solutions in collaboration with the Director of Growth.
- Be a resource on SEO strategy, tracking, and questions as needed across the internal team.
- Break ground on new initiatives and best practices to serve clients.
- Provide training resources, individual syncs, and group syncs to Digital Strategists and Account Managers as necessary and work alongside the Director of Growth to ensure standards are met.
- Assist in top-tier sales SEO audits.
- Update SEO training materials with oversight from the Director of Growth.
- Develop quarterly content pieces that can be utilized across EmberTribe for promotional purposes and equipping.
As a team member of EmberTribe, you will contribute to the company team culture and its growth objectives by performing the following duties:
- Actively participate as a team player, and engage with co-workers and managers to provide support outside normal day-to-day duties.
- Seek opportunities to learn new trends/insights and share new learnings with the team.
- Contribute ideas for system and process improvements to managers.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, making complex concepts simple and approachable.
- Comfortable operating at a long-term strategic level and in day-to-day tactical execution.
- Strong knowledge of on-page/site SEO tactics (navigation, internal linking, metadata, URL structure, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of off-site SEO tactics (local listings, backlinks, etc.).
- A clear understanding of technical SEO (schema markup, redirects, robots.txt, etc.).
- Comfortable working on various SEO-related analytics platforms (Search Console, Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, etc.).
- Demonstrated success in improving organic search performance for clients in various industries.
- Strong analytical thinking skills showcased as making sense of disorganized data, using predictive modeling, and merging insights from multiple sources into one cohesive output.
- Thrives in a remote work environment valuing autonomy and resourcefulness.
- Adaptable to rapidly evolving industry standards and client project needs.
- Employees are required to provide their own equipment necessary to effectively do their job, including a computer, functional web camera, microphone, and any other hardware needed to perform duties, in accordance with the company's Equipment Reimbursement Policy.
- Team members are expected to present themselves professionally for client interactions, including choosing a video location/background and attire that reflects well on the team member and company.
- Employees should be online/present for internal and external communication via Slack and Zoom during EST/EDT business hours, in accordance with the company's Availability and Response Times Policy.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice, based on business demand.
EmberTribe is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information or veteran status.
- A base salary in the range of $55-85k, depending on experience
- Company-paid health insurance for you, and access for your dependents
- 401(k) with company matching
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible work scheduling
- Fully remote work arrangements (our entire team is distributed)
- Tech reimbursement