We've worked with all kinds of clients at different stages of growth. Believe us, we've fielded a lot of questions.
What kinds of businesses can apply growth marketing?
Any business can take steps toward incorporating growth marketing into its growth! We've worked with SaaS, B2B, and eCommerce businesses of all shapes and sizes that have benefited from whole system marketing strategies.
Whether you're a lean startup or a robust, established brand, a growth agency is able to work with you to create sustainable solutions for optimizing your funnel.
How can I know if my business should use growth marketing?
This question has an easy answer: every business can use growth marketing strategies to boost sales, get more leads, or optimize other aspects of a business to build your brand.
However, let’s talk about if your business is ready to use growth marketing strategies because that question has a different answer.
Because growth marketing is a little different from traditional digital marketing, it might not be the right fit for where your business is or how your business operates. And that’s okay! We’re just laying out the facts for you.
Before you start implementing growth marketing, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you established and seeking to sustainably scale?
- Are you able to determine areas for improvement and implement solutions?
- Are you willing to run experiments to optimize processes?
- Are you ready to address growth from all angles, even the ones that don't seem to "fit"?
- Are you prepared to challenge your assumptions?
What metrics are most important for growth marketing?
This one is fun to answer. Over a decade ago, smartypants venture capitalist and startup accelerator founder, Dave McClure, introduced marketers to a customer lifecycle growth framework called "AARRR."
Yes, you read that right: AARRR. Otherwise known as "Pirate Metrics." This breaks down into Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Referral, and Revenue. These pirate metrics can help you determine which metrics you should be paying attention to, and identify where you can implement optimization.
Can I use growth marketing strategies on a budget?
In short, yes! Growth marketing has largely emerged out of the "growth hacking" movement behind small start-ups with a lot of competition and not a ton of budget to work with. However, if your marketing team is pretty small (or non-existent), you might find it hard to put the right resources—like time, energy, expertise—into your growth marketing strategies. That's when it's a good idea to call in the growth agency experts (like us).
How do I choose the right growth marketer or agency for my business?
This comes down to a few things.
- You need to rely on a growth marketer to hypothesize, test, fail, and learn. That requires good communication and a foundation of trust.
- You should find a marketer or agency that can fit your budget constraints, or can help you overcome those restraints.
- The growth marketing pro you choose should be familiar with any specialized tools you want to utilize.
- You should look for individuals or teams that meet your key qualifications (awesome creative, great writing skills, PPC experience with stellar results, a mind for scientific theory, or whatever else you consider a top priority!).