How To Advertise on Facebook [Step-by-Step]
1. Choose your objective
Choosing your objective is the first thing you do when creating an ad in Ads Manager. Facebook ads work best when you're focused on what you want to achieve because your objectives will help to clarify your goals for ad campaigns.
To choose the right ad objective, you have to figure the most important outcome that you want from your ad — sales, app downloads, or brand awareness.
2. Select your audience
Select the demographics, interests, and behaviors that best represent your target audience by using the information that you know about them including (but not limited to) their age, location, and other details.
3. Decide where to run your ad
Decide where you want to run your ad — it could be Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Audience Network, or across them all.
4. Set your budget
Enter your daily or lifetime budget, and the period you would want your ads to run.
5. Pick your format
Choose from six different ad formats that are designed to work on every device and connection speed. If you’re unsure which ad format fits your campaign the best, check out Facebook’s Ad guides.
- Photo ads - offer a clean, simple format to feature engaging images, illustrations, and copy.
- Video ads - tell your story with sight, sound, and motion that come in a range of lengths and styles.
- Stories ads - are a customizable, edge-to-edge experience that lets you immerse people in your content.
- Messenger ads - help people start conversations with your business. Get personal with current or potential customers and add interactive or automated features.
- Carousel ads - let you showcase up to ten images or videos (each with its link) in a single ad.
- Slideshow ads - are video-like ads made of motion, sound, and text.
- Collection ads - let people discover, browse, and buy what you offer. Your audience can tap your ad and learn more about your products.
- Playable ads - offer people an interactive preview before they download your app. Find higher intent users for your app with the “try-before-you-buy experience” feature.
6. Place your order
After submitting your ad, it goes to Facebook’s ad auction which helps in making your ad available to your rightful audience.
7. Measure and manage your ad
You can track your ad’s performance and edit your campaign in Ads Manager as you see fit.