Note: This position will start contract, with the goal of vetting/training and eventually hiring the right candidate on full-time.
We ditched the conventional agency culture of yawn PowerPoints and hip millennial offices with a foosball table to come up with a better way to produce better than just “good enough” results. The EmberTribe team is made up of folks across spectrums of experiences, backgrounds, strengths, and creative bents brought together by a common goal: get measurable results.
About the Opportunity
EmberTribe is looking for an SEO Specialist to join our fully-remote team. You will be responsible for the planning, execution, monitoring, testing and reporting of your clients’ search optimization efforts.
About the Role
As an SEO Specialist, you will:
- Develop and execute holistic plans for improving organic search performance that drive measurable traffic and client results. These plans should include industry-standard SEO techniques including on-site technical elements, on-site content, off-site content & backlinks, local & directory listings, and other applicable properties.
- Audit client and prospect digital portfolios to identify improvement opportunities, and deliver these findings both verbally and in writing in such a way that supports new business acquisition.
- Track and report on relevant KPIs for organic search, teaching and guiding clients on what metrics are relevant and applicable. Use this performance data to drive strategic updates and iterative tests aimed at increasing overall search performance.
- Execute keyword research and semantic analysis to drive content strategy. Spearhead content development with an emphasis on organic search impact, and partner with other internal and external resources to develop content in a variety of formats.
- Manage projects and timelines for multiple clients while communicating and escalating obstacles and delays with key team members and external partners.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, making complex concepts simple and approachable.
- Demonstrated success in improving organic search performance for clients in a variety of industries.
- Strong knowledge of on-page/site SEO tactics (navigation, internal linking, meta data, URL structure, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of off-site SEO tactics (local listings, backlinks, etc.)
- Clear understanding of technical SEO (schema markup, redirects, robots.txt, etc.)
- Comfortable working on various SEO related analytics platforms (Search Console, Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, etc.)
- Strong analytical thinking skills showcased as making sense of disorganized data, using predictive modeling, merging insights from multiple sources to one cohesive output.
- Thrives in a remote work environment valuing autonomy and resourcefulness.
Tools to be Familiar With
- Search Analytics: Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Tag Manager, etc.
- Supporting Tools: Majestic, Ahrefs, SEMRush, SpyFu, Screaming Frog
- Productivity: Office 365, Google Suite (Sheets, Slides), Slack, LastPass, etc.
- A base salary in the range of $55-70k depending on experience.
- Company-paid health insurance for you, and access for your dependents
- 401(k) with company matching
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible work scheduling
- Fully remote work arrangements (our entire team is distributed)
- Tech reimbursement
EmberTribe is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information or veteran status.