As sales began to take off across paid ads, we were better able to identify funnel leaks and offer recommendations for aligning marketing efforts with advertising campaigns. For example, we noticed that a few Instagram ads had received negative comments. This is common for brands who run ads, but if comments aren’t addressed they can change a consumer’s impression of a brand they are just learning about. We also provided some guidance on responding to customer emails to help our client hone in on the customer experience side of marketing.
This is what we call a full-funnel approach to marketing, and is a critical part of building a growth system. We don’t just run paid ads, we run paid ads and engineer strong sales funnels from end-to-end that ensure predictable growth.
Some initiatives we were able to implement to engineer Proof Syrup’s growth system include:
- Go beyond the “usual suspects” for social media advertising to experiment with Snapchat and find traction on that up and coming ads platform with 2.2x ROAS and $3k in sales.
- Boost conversion rates for the website utilizing CRO strategies by 2%+.
- Focus on customer retention opportunities and repeat customer rates using Shopify tools like ReConvert, which captured $35k in sales.
- Creating engaging and valuable content to send via email lists that help drive repeat customers to the store and engage non-buyers on the email list.
- Using keyword research and building an SEO strategy to increase Proof Syrup’s traffic via search engines, even hitting #1 overall for “Old Fashioned Syrup.”
- Collect social proof and use these resources to assist objection handling and increase trust among audiences.
- Increase average order value (AOV) to maximize returns from marketing efforts by offering bundles and targeting audiences with high purchase intent. Proof Syrup product bundles brought in $836k, boosting their AOV to >$55.
Growth Systems Get Big Results
Paid ads are a powerful tool for growing a business, but they are not the only tool. We were able to help Proof Syrup scale from scratch to a million dollar business in 8 months because this client understood that slow and steady wins the race. We built a growth system that went beyond paid traffic to bring in growth marketing strategies that allow for predictable and sustainable growth over time.
Win 1: Increased ad spend.
We were able to test ads to validate campaigns that achieved sales. Proof Syrup went from spending about $2500 a month for a single channel to 6 figure ad spend per month and achieving $1M in revenue.
Win 2: Increased AOV.
Our team employed some strategies to increase average order value, which would help each dollar of ad spend go further. We built out email sequences to re-engage and reconvert Proof Syrup customers and created offer bundles to entice buyers to ad more product to their carts.
Win 3: Multi-channel marketing.
We utilized SEO to bring in organic traffic, beefed up an email list that gets around 20k clicks per month, an ran Snapchat ads with a 3x ROAS. Our team was able to achieve all of this because we didn't rely on Facebook as the main source of sales, but rather tested different approaches to finding converting audiences.
No hacks or “get rich quick” schemes, just good old fashioned (get it? 🥃) marketing done right.
We scaled at a constant, yet slow rate that didn't shock any campaign learnings, but let us keep gradually upping spend, which compounds on itself quickly. Proof Syrup really hit their uptick in late February 2020, and together we've reached the "never look back" phase of scaling as we continue to spend more and more each day for more and more returns.
No two growth systems will look alike, but every growth system engineer by EmberTribe is custom-built for the same reason: to help your business grow. We’re proud of our partnership with Proof Syrup and raise a glass to their continued success!